Each week The Broke and Bookish hosts a Top Ten Tuesday based on a chosen literary topic. This week’s topic is Ten Books I Loved Less/More Than I Thought I Would. I decided to go with books that I loved more than I thought I would. I will focus on books that I felt like, after reading many reviews and looking at the goodreads rating, that I liked more than other readers.
10 Books I Loved More Than I Thought I Would
1. The Hating Game by Sally Thorne –This book had quite a lot of hype surrounding it and I really wasn’t sure if it was going to be my cup of tea because chick-lit can be very hit-or-miss with me. Usually it is too cheesy but this was perfect. You can read my in-depth review by clicking here.
2. P.S. I Like You by Kasie West – Again, this had a ton of hype and Kasie West has quite a following. I thought this was very cute and liked it a lot more than I thought I would. You can read my in-depth review by clicking here.
3. Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout – This series really blew me away and I thought it would be like any other YA paranormal book but it was so well done. After reading many disappointing YA alien books I wasn’t sure if I would like it but it is an amazing series.
4. Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee – I normally stay away from YA angel novels because I have just read so many bad ones in the past but this completely exceeded my expectations! You can read my in-depth review by clicking here.
5. City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare – This book has so much when it was first released that I was really worried I wouldn’t like it. Many people were comparing it to Harry Potter and Twilight so I really did not know what to expect. I am so glad I decided to pick it up though as it is one of my favourite series!
6. Enemy Within by Marcella Burnard – I have a serious love for anything in the ‘space opera’ genre, so when I saw this book I knew I had to read it but the premise wasn’t really that enticing to me. I am so glad I picked it up because it was really a great novel.
7. Cut & Run (Cut & Run, #1) by Abigail Roux & Madeline Urban – Ty and Zane have become one of my favourite m-m romance couples and I seriously love this entire series. I was really hesitant to pick it up because I normally don’t go for mystery and crime novels but this book was amazing.
8. Song of Scarabaeus by Sara Creasy – This came randomly from the library one day and the premise looked interesting but I really didn’t know what to expect. I am so glad I decided to read it because it has become one of my favourite books.
9. For Finlay by J. Nathan – I received this book from NetGalley and while the premise looked interesting enough for me to request it I wasn’t really expecting much from this New Adult novel. It was way better than expected and you can read my in-depth review by clicking here.
10. The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark #1) by Kresley Cole – I went into this thinking it would just another fun paranormal-romance read but I actually got really sucked into the world and stories that Cole created. Although the romance was very well done (and very steamy!) the plot also grabbed my interested and this series has been very good.
What are some book that surprised you? Anything you absolutely feel in love with or dislike with a passion? Tell me below in the comments!